Objective To obtain a position utilizing my skills in management, science and engineering.
Education Georgia Institute of Technology and Emory University, Atlanta, GA ??????
Doctorate of Philosophy, Biomedical Engineering GPA: 4.0/4.0
Georgia Institute of Technology, Dupree College of Management, Atlanta, GA ???????
Masters of Business Administration
Louisiana State University (LSU), Baton Rouge, LA
Bachelor of Science, Biological Engineering May 2003
Minors: Chemistry and Biology GPA: 4.0/4.0
· Composed grant to LSU Biotechnology Education for Students and Teachers (BEST) program (received $7000) for developing automated micro fluid delivery system and LSU Ag Center (received $1500) for developing Java program to analyze DNA molecular beacon structures
· Collaborated in numerous design teams for engineering and technical writing class projects
· Composed articles for Adult Literacy Advocates of Baton Rouge newsletter and gave presentation to Director of Adult Literacy Advocates and members of Service Learning staff
· Gave presentations to faculty of Biological Engineering department and invited guests explaining various projects, including design of automated micro fluid delivery system.
· Developed BeaconGENEsis, a Java program used to analyze molecular beacon DNA strands to determine best possible sequence
· Developed PBASIC program to control automated micro fluid delivery system
· Prepared presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint
· Composed web pages using Microsoft FrontPage
· Designed newsletter using Microsoft Publisher
· Drafted design drawings using AutoCAD 2002
· Performed engineering analysis using FEMLab, Nastran, STELLA, SuperPro Designer 4.7, 2D/3D Static Strength Prediction Program, Mannequin Analysis Software
· Analyzed EMG data using Bioware software
Created scientific papers using Microsoft Word and Excel
· Managed budgets for $2400 and $1500 research projects and the Biological Engineering Student Organization
· Managed TaeKwonDo school branch at Runnels School and taught all classes
· Worked with students and faculty to organize student/faculty events for the biological engineering department
· Scheduled, organized and coordinated fundraiser, which grossed $6000
· Interacted with businesspeople and obtained supplies for fundraiser and research projects
Research Associate. Biomedical Engineering (LSU). Baton Rouge, LA Summer 2003
Designed and tested protocols and devices for both experimental and computational
cellular engineering research. Optimized and performed molecular biology assays,
general chemical reagent preparation, and instrumentation setup and maintenance.
Installed software and hardware, designed algorithms and computer programs, and
reported results through text and graphical documentation.
Developed idea for an automated fluid delivery system for bioengineering
applications. Constructed and tested the system and created PBASIC program
for BASIC STAMP micro-controller to operate the system.
Student Worker. LSU Biomedical Engineering. Baton Rouge, LA 2002 — 2003
Created Java program to properly design molecular beacon probes and analyzed
probe sequence using fluorescence spectroscopy. Developed and constructed
engineering lab with mammalian cell culture room.
Student Researcher. LSU Ecological Infrastructure Lab, Baton Rouge, LA 1999 — 2002
Researched water quality of recirculating aquaculture system during redfish
Manager and TaeKwonDo Instructor. Runnels School. Baton Rouge, LA 1995 — 1999
Managed student list, collected payments, prepared tournament and testing
documents and instructed classes.
· Summa Cum Laude from Louisiana State University
· Delivered Valedictory for College of Engineering graduation ceremony, May 2003
· University Medal from Louisiana State University
· Edward McLaughlin Dean's Medal for Excellence
· LSU BEST Biotechnology Research Grant Recipient
· LSU Ag Center Grant Recipient
· LSU Alumni Top 100 Scholarship
· Chancellor’s Scholars Engaged in Undergraduate Research Program
· Louisiana Tuition Opportunity Program for Students Honors Scholarship
· Carl H. Thomas Memorial Scholarship
· Phi Kappa Phi Outstanding Senior Award, 2003
· University College Academic Distinction Award
· Teagle Foundation Scholarship
· Dean’s List, all semesters
Chancellor’s Honor Roll, all semesters
President, Biological Engineering Student Organization
Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
· Golden Key International Honor Society